Experience the Kinabatangan River in Sabah, Malaysia.
The Kinabatangan River winds through virgin jungle reserves, old growth forests, continuously logged forests, and oil palm plantations. The lower portion of the river is known as Sabah's "Gift to the Earth." We stopped in key locations including the Danum Valley Conservation Area, Pin Supu Forest Reserve, MESCOT, Nestlé Project RiLeaf, Kinabatangan Wildlife Sanctuaries, and several oil palm plantations. An interactive, virtual river tour has been created using photos, videos, and interviews collected during the journey, so you can explore the Kinabatangan River and its surrounding ecosystems online. Visit the Explore portion of our website to learn about the Kinabatangan River.
What You'll Experience With Us
- Find out about scientific research on sustainable palm oil cultivation
- Discover Malaysia's plants and wildlife
- Explore the Kinabatangan River
- Learn how palm oil can be cultivated sustainably
- Hear how local communities benefit from palm oil production
- Visit RSPO certified palm oil plantations